Are you the best at telling stories around the campfire? Did you ace the current events part of Social Studies class? Do your friends count on you to tell them about what’s happening in your city, the world and on the Internet right now? If you answered yes to these questions, KelownaNow wants you.
We are seeking a storyteller, community lover and skilled writer to join our team of reporters. Each day on KelownaNow we tell stories of locals, educate readers on what’s happening in the world and share fun events and activities, and we are looking for someone to help us tell those stories in a fun and informative way.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to write stories, take photos and shoot video that shows KelownaNow readers what’s happening, who is involved and why it is the Stuff That Matters.
If you love meeting new people, uncovering local gems, interviewing cool people and telling Kelowna what’s going on right now, then this is the position for you!
Be prepared to:
- Research and write 8-10 stories per day on average
- Interview and make connections with local people and businesses
- Craft feature stories that people in Kelowna may not have seen before
- Attend community events or conferences
- Work individually and with a team to ensure that there is always great, fresh content for KelownaNow readers
Opportunity is endless!
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of proper journalism guidelines
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Comfortable in front of and behind a camera
- Comfortable reaching out to and talking to new people
- Ability to do quality work on a deadline
If this seems like the job for you, please send in your resume, cover letter, and one to two writing samples to email@example.com.