- Food & Drink
- Travel & Lifestyle
- Arts & Culture
- News & City Info
While many seniors have turned to medicinal cannabis products in recent years, no one wants to be dosed unknowingly.
On Thursday, a group of seniors were greeted by an unwanted high shortly after eating dessert at a community centre gathering near Parry Sound, Ontario.
“There was 10 that went to our health centre because of the symptoms of being high,” said Const. Miles Loach.
“They did tests on them and found that it was marijuana that they were high on.”
Puzzled by the spike in people reporting similar symptoms, investigators began asking questions about the day’s activities and it wasn’t long before a pattern emerged.
It became clear that all the seniors who choose the “chocolate brownie” dessert option were the only ones reporting symptoms ranging from dry mouth to dizziness.
An investigation has now been launched into how the cannabis-laced brownies made their way on to the menu.
According to police, anyone determined to have spiked the brownies on purpose could face a charge of administering a noxious substance.
None of the seniors reported suffering any lasting effects of the unexpected high.
With files from the Canadian Press.