While local golf courses were able to open in spite of BC's lockdown restrictions, it just wouldn't be spring in the Okanagan without a day wine touring.
Thankfully, those restrictions are slowly lifting, which means the majority of Kelowna wineries have started to reopen their doors for public wine tastings.
Because not all wineries have fully opened, and others only in a limited capacity, KelownaNow has rounded up as much information as possible to help you plan your next outing:
- The Vibrant Vine: Tasting room is now open 11 am to 5 pm, seven days a week.
- Camelot Vineyards Estate: Open daily from noon to 5 pm, offering a 30% off case sale.
- House of Rosé: Open for tasting Wednesday through Sunday, noon to 5 pm, with limited capacity.
- Priest Creek Family Estate: Kelowna's newest winery is open for tastings and sales 11 am to 530 pm, seven days a week.
- Meadow Vista Honey Wines: Open 11 am to 5:30 pm, seven days a week, for sales, treats and bee tours.
- Ancient Hill Estate: Open for wine shop tastings and patio seating, 10:30 am to 5:30 pm daily.
- St. Hubertus & Oak Bay Estate Winery: Open to visitors between noon and 4 pm daily, but with no wine tasting.
- 50th Parallel Estate Winery: Tasting room tours begin Thursday, May 21 from 11 am to 6 pm, seven days a week.
- Ricco Bambino: Downtown tasting room opens Wednesday, May 27.
- Kitsch Wines: Three different "tasting experiences" available by reservation starting Saturday, May 30.
- Tantalus Vineyards: Tastings by appointment only Wednesday-Sunday, 11 am to 5 pm, beginning May 30.
- The View Winery: To open for tastings and sales before the end of the month.
- Summerhill Pyramid Winery: Tasting room and patio dining to open June 1. Picnic areas and food pick up orders currently available.
- Scorched Earth Winery: Tasting room will be open, by appointment only, on June 5.
- Sandhill Wines: No in-person tastings, but virtual tasting are available online.
- Frequency Wines: TBA soon.
- Cedar Creek Estate Winery: TBA soon.
- Mirabel Vineyards: TBA soon.
- Spearhead Winery: TBA soon.
- Sperling Vineyards: TBA soon.
Did we miss something? Send an email to email@example.com and we'll look into updating the article!
For our guide on West Kelowna wineries, click this link.
For our guide on Lake Country wineries, click this link.