Account Login/Registration

Access KelownaNow using your Facebook account, or by entering your information below.


Facebook


OR


Register

Privacy Policy

Candle causes small fire in Black Mountain home

This afternoon the Kelowna Fire Department was dispatched to a home in Black Mountain after a fire was reported in the bedroom of a single-family home.

Around 4:30 pm, the first arriving officers reported smoke coming from the soffit area of the front of the home in the 1400 block of Mine Hill Lane.

Once crews entered the home, they discovered a small fire on the dresser in one of the bedrooms and quickly extinguished it.

The home was then ventilated of residual smoke, and fire damage was contained to the bedroom.

At this time, the fire is deemed accidental in nature and there were no injuries to report.

“Please remember to exercise caution when using candles and not leave them unattended,” said a release from the Kelowna Fire Department.

“Working smoke alarms do save lives and property.”

The KFD responded with three engines, a rescue unit, a command vehicle and 17 personnel.



Support local journalism by clicking here to make a one-time contribution or by subscribing for a small monthly fee. We appreciate your consideration and any contribution you can provide.


Visit our Facebook page to comment on this story.

Sign up for local eNews delivered to your inbox by 7 am every day.

Send your comments, news tips, letter to the editor, photos and videos to news@kelownanow.com.

To report a typo, send an email to news@kelownanow.com.



Weather


Mon
25℃


Tue
24℃


Wed
24℃


Thu
20℃


Fri
20℃


Sat
20℃

Top Stories

Follow Us

Follow us on Instagram Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook Follow us on Linkedin Follow us on Youtube Listen on Soundcloud Follow Our TikTok Feed Follow Our RSS
Privacy Policy