- Food & Drink
- Travel & Lifestyle
- Arts & Culture
- News & City Info
- Shop Local
The BC Coroners Service is investigating the tragic death of two people who were at a long weekend gathering in Tulameen.
Witnesses at the scene say the 37-year-old man and 31-year-old woman entered an outdoor shower shed on Monday night, but didn’t emerge for around an hour.
Others at the gathering eventually forced the door open and found the pair unconscious on the floor.
Emergency crews were called and the Tulameen Volunteer Fire Department was first on the scene, but it was too late to save them.
“The man and woman were both pulled from the building by bystanders and emergency first responders performed CPR,” explained Cpl. Jesse O’Donaghey with the RCMP.
“Despite the best efforts of all those involved, both victims were pronounced deceased at the scene.”
Early findings by investigators indicate that the shower out-building was supplied with an on-demand propane hot water system and a heavy odour of propane was present at the scene.
The investigation continues, however, and neither the RCMP or BC Coroners Service have any further information to be released at this time.
The identities of the two people who died will not be released to the public.
Support local journalism by clicking here to make a one-time contribution or by subscribing for a small monthly fee. We appreciate your consideration and any contribution you can provide.