- Real Estate Listings
How does a trip to Frankfurt sound?
Or, flights to London, Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Amsterdam, Edinburgh, Dublin or Tokyo?
Want to stay in Canada?
How about Toronto, Calgary, Whitehorse, Vancouver or Prince George?
Learn how you can fly non-stop, or connect with just one stop, to any and all of these destinations at today's YLW Spring Travel Show.
"The show is a bit of both," said the airport's communications advisor Cassie Brannagan.
"Of course, we want people to know that you can fly non-stop to 18 destinations with 10 airlines from Kelowna airport, but also with one connection in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto or Montreal you can be on your way to Frankfurt, London, Amsterdam, Paris, New Delhi, Tokyo, Hong Kong or Seoul."
As such, Kelowna really is your gateway to the world.
For the first time, the show, 11 am to 3 pm, will be held at the new KF Centre for Excellence at 5800 Lapointe Dr., just a little up the road from Kelowna International Airport (YLW). (Previously, the show was always held in the airport's main terminal.)
Airlines, hotels and resorts, Expedia Cruises and travel agents will have booths where you can get inspiration where to journey this spring and summer.
There's also a whole whack of prizes up for grabs with $5 draw tickets (or five tickets for $20). Tickets are only available at the show and all money raised will go toward the YLW Scholarship Fund.
The prizes include:
- Two round-trip airfares to Germany courtesy of Edmonton International Airport, which will have flights with Condor Airlines this summer to Frankfurt. Kelowna-Edmonton connector with WestJet.
- Roundtrip tickets for two anywhere WestJet flies, which means you could use them to fly to anyone of WestJet's Canadian destinations or one of its summer stops in Europe -- London, Parkis, Rome, Dublin, Barcelona, Amsterdam or Edinburgh, or Tokyo.
- Two roundtrip tickets on Flair, which flies to Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg Kitchener and Toronto from Kelowna.
- Two roundtrip tickets from Kelowna to Whitehorse with Air North.
- Roundtrip tickets for two on Lynx to Calgary or Toronto.
- Roundtrip tickets for two on Central Mountain Air, which flies from Kelowna to Prince George (with connections to Fort St. John and Terrace) and Vancouver.
- A SilverStar Mountain Resort 'stay and play' package with two nights accommodation and gondola tickets or bike park access.
- Two nights at Sparkling Hill Resort with dinner, welcome package and spa treatments.
- Float plane tour with Airhart Aviation.
Non-stop winter seasonal flights from Kelowna to Cancun, Phoenix, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan will wrap up mid-April as people turn their summer attention to holidaying and visiting friends and family in Canada or jet to Europe for a summer vacation.
New summer seasonal flights non-stop from Kelowna airport:
- Winnipeg with WestJet starting June 2, three times a week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Winnipeg with Flair starting June 10, twice a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays
- Regina with WestJet starting May 21, twice a week on Thursdays and Sundays
- Kitchener-Waterloo with Flair starting May 13, weekly on Saturdays
- Saskatoon with WestJet starting June 2, twice a week on Mondays and Fridays
Air Canada will increase its Kelowna-Montreal frequency from twice to three times a week in May.
Unfortunately, Alaska Airlines will suspend its daily Kelowna-Seattle service on April 15 for eight months, returning Dec. 15 for the busy Seattle-Kelowna ski traffic and Kelowna-Seattle so passengers can connect to California, Mexico and Hawaii.
At the same place and time, there will also be the Kelowna International Airport Hiring Fair. You can find details on that here.