Account Login/Registration

Access KelownaNow using your Facebook account, or by entering your information below.


Facebook


OR


Register

Privacy Policy

Oil soaked rags responsible for fire at Cove Lakeside Resort

West Kelowna Fire Rescue were called into action around 12:30 at the Cove Lakeside Resort on Thursday.

According to officials, reports of smoke in the resort’s spa area prompted the call to emergency crews who found a waste paper basket fire upon arrival.

The building’s fire protection sprinkler/early detection system helped contain the fire before it could be extinguished by WKFR firefighters.

An investigation determined the small fire was started by spontaneous combustion due to the improper disposal of oil soaked rags and concluded.

It’s not being considered as suspicious.



We are asking for your support of local journalism. If you like what we do and believe it has value that adds to our community, we would appreciate your consideration. Please click here to learn more about how you can support local journalism.


Visit our Facebook page to comment on this story.

Sign up for local eNews delivered to your inbox by 7 am every day.

Send your comments, news tips, letter to the editor, photos and videos to news@kelownanow.com.

To report a typo, send an email to news@kelownanow.com.





Thu
25℃


Fri
23℃


Sat
24℃


Sun
29℃


Mon
29℃


Tue
25℃

Top Stories

Follow Us

Follow us on Instagram Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook Follow us on Linkedin Follow us on Youtube Listen on Soundcloud Follow Our RSS