How It Works
The “Best of Kelowna 2016” will be selected in the following manner:
Categories will be published online, with a call for nominations on April 4th, 2016 (Monday). Nominations are to be submitted by the general public over 19 days, closing on April 22nd, 2016 (Friday) at 12:00 pm (noon). Nominees must be nominated by at least 5 voters to be eligible for a category. A maximum of 10 nominees for each category will move through to the voting round. If more than 10 nominees are received for a given category, the top 10 most-nominated will move on.
The next round of voting for the successful “Best of Kelowna 2016” nominees will begin on May 2nd, 2016 (Monday) at 10:00 am. Voters will be able to vote for their favourites by completing the online voting form. In order to vote, you will need to register on the site with an email address or by logging in with your Facebook account. Each person will be allowed one vote per category.
Voting will be open from Monday, May 2nd at 10:00 am PST for a period of 14 days and will close on Sunday, May 15th at 5:00 pm.
Winners will be announced online on June 7th, 2016 (Tuesday) at 2:00 pm PST at bestof.KelownaNow.com. Winners will also be announced in a print magazine entitled “Best of Kelowna 2016” published by the Capital News.
- Voters will need to either register with a valid email address, use their current KelownaNow.com registration, or their Facebook account to vote.
- Each person will be allowed one vote per category.
- All voting is to be done online at bestof.KelownaNow.com.
- Voters can complete as many categories as they wish at any time. For example, they can do 5 one day and return the next and do 5 more and so on, until they have voted for each category once.
- Social media shares will be available for voters to announce their choices as an option.
- Voters will be able to complete the voting by visiting the comprehensive voting page, or by visiting a specific business' profile page
Nominees in the categories will be supplied with a free Logo Premium Listing on KelownaNow.com for three months during the voting period where the viewer can click through to learn more about them. Nominees will have the ability to add links to their site, description, social links, photos, video, deals, mapping, and contact info through their Logo Premium Listing.
After the voting process is complete, Nominees will be provided with the badges that they earned beside their names on the Best of Kelowna mini-site.
Winner – “Best of Kelowna 2016” or Top Finalist – “Best of Kelowna 2016”.
- Only 2nd and 3rd place finishers will receive top finalist badges.
- The Best of Kelowna badge will link to the “Best of Kelowna 2016” mini-site.
- The Best of Kelowna mini-site will display the winners and finalists in list and map view. Winners and finalists will also be provided a badge for their listing on the business directory.
Nominators can complete the comprehensive nomination form or a portion of. A valid email address will be required to complete the nomination. At the completion of the nomination, the nominator will be asked if they wish to join our mailing list to stay informed on what’s happening in Kelowna via KelownaNow.com. On submission, they will be directed to a landing page informing them of the “Best of Kelowna 2016” rules and important dates. For complete rules and regulations, please visit rules.