Inn From the Cold--Kelowna is a non-profit charity organization that seeks to respond to the needs of people experiencing homelessness in a welcoming, compassionate and mutually respectful manner.
We achieve this through five programs:
1. Overnight Emergency Shelter: provides a minimal-barrier emergency shelter that is available to men, women, and their pets through the winter months (Nov-April). Guests have access to safe storage, showers, laundry, and two meals.
2. Outreach and Case Management: provides guests or anyone at-risk of homelessness support services in transitioning out of homelessness through one-on-one support, referrals, and advocacy.
3. Inn Home Support Program: is an eviction prevention program that pairs up volunteers with housed individuals that require additional support in maintaining housing, for a friendship/mentoring relationship.
4. Kelowna Kodiaks Street Soccer Team: provides the opportunity for marginalized individuals to engage in organized sports. This is a social capacity building program, that teaches life skills in a cooperative and fun environment.
5. The Free Store: a store with a variety of items (clothing, linens, hygiene products, household items) available free of charge to anyone who expresses the need.
All of our programs, except outreach, are powered by dedicated and passionate volunteers. If you would like to get involved, please contact us and we will assist you in finding the perfect volunteer opportunity.