- Food & Drink
- Travel & Lifestyle
- Arts & Culture
- News & City Info
- Shop Local
Prince George Fire Rescue was called to a possible explosion at a wood pellet factory in the city on Monday.
They were alerted at around 5 pm about a facility on Willow Cale Road, assumed to belong to the Pacific Bioenergy Corporation.
The firefighters who arrived first found a small amount of smoke coming from a conveyor system.
They quickly doused several of the conveyors – which had smouldering wood inside – with water.
Nobody was hurt, Assistant Chief John Law explained.
But the incident caused about $50,000 in damages.
We are asking for your support of local journalism. If you like what we do and believe it has value that adds to our community, we would appreciate your consideration. Please click here to learn more about how you can support local journalism.