- Real Estate Listings
Petraroia Langford Lawyers and Interior Savings Credit Union walk the walk and talk the talk.
As presenting sponsors of the Kelowna Chamber Business Excellence Awards, both businesses embrace the awards' theme 'Soaring to New Heights'.
"Supporting others is part of our fabric as a credit union," said Ted Schisler, chief operating officer at Interior Savings.
"A community is made stronger when we work together to build each other up. Interior Savings works with thousands of small and medium-sized enterprises throughout the Interior. Their success is our success."
Aaron Dow, a partner at Petraroia Langford who also happens to be a chamber director, couldn't agree more.
"The awards offer a unique opportunity to recognize and reward those members of the business community who have dedicated themselves to excellence, who bring economic development to our region and who help make the Okanagan a better place to live, work and play for all of us," said Dow.
"We think it is very important to celebrate these success stories -- both to reward the hard work that went into creating that success and also to inspire and show others that such successes are possible."
The 35th annual Business Excellence Awards are being held Wednesday at the Delta Grand hotel.
From the 300 local businesses were nominated, there are now three finalists in each of 16 categories vying for trophies Wednesday.
The 'business leader of the year' -- Accelerate Okanagan CEO Brea Lake -- was announced last week as a way to hype the awards.
She will also be honoured at Wednesday's gala.
Tickets to the awards banquet sold out last week.
KelownaNow will have a full story on the winners Thursday.
Petraroia Langford has been a presenting sponsor of the awards for almost 20 years, Interior Savings for a decade.
"As a credit union, we have strong values around contributing to our communities and local economies," said Schisler of Interior Savings.
"Supporting and helping to get the word out about outstanding businesses certainly provides a tangible way to bring those values to life. Recognition that Interior Savings supports the awards and businesses is important, there's no doubt."
Petraroia Langford also recognizes that sponsorship goes both ways.
"We are a high-powered business law firm," said Dow.
"Sponsoring the awards allows us to showcase that and introduce ourselves to a group of 400 successful business people -- exactly the types of clients that we want to attract."
It takes a lot of vision, coordination, hard work and sponsors to put on the Business Excellence Awards annually.
Besides Petraroia Langford and Interior Savings as presenting sponsors, there are 25 other sponsors.
Crowe accounting, consulting and technology is the diamond sponsor.
The supporting sponsor for printing is Wayside, for wine Summerhill Pyramid Winery and for the gala WCT Engineered Wood Products.
The videography sponsor is Aspen Films and the audio visual sponsor SW Event Technology.
The official digital media sponsor is KelownaNow and the official broadcast media sponsor is the Bell radio stations in Kelowna -- AM1150, Move 101.5 and Virgin 99.9.
17 other sponsors support the 17 award categories:
- MNP accounting and consulting (business leader of the year)
- Grant Thornton accounting (large business of the year)
- Canadian Western Bank (mid-size business of the year)
- Prospera Credit Union (small business of the year)
- Futurpreneur (young entrepreneur of the year)
- Pushor Mitchell Lawyers (Indigenous business of the year)
- Argus Properties (rising star)
- Kelowna Tourism (excellence in tourism)
- Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan (excellence in agriculture)
- Better Business Bureau (ethics in business)
- University of British Columbia (technology innovator)
- Parc Retirement Living (environmental impact)
- Acres construction (inclusive workplace)
- Rogers Business (social leadership)
- Untold Branding (marketing campaign of the year)
- Kelowna International Airport and Edmonton International Airport (not-for-profit excellence)
- Hergott Law (arts and entertainment)